Marcelo Salas

A forum for English speaking supporters of Italian football.
Myles
Admin

I agree, i think our players are talented, there's some seriously talented players there tonight and they look bang average the last month.
Signature test

Ray
First Team

Miretti is showing some balls. He's made of the right stuff. Di Maria looks like he's on holiday.
A.D.P = G.O.A.T

Ray
First Team

Why are Gatti and/or Danilo not playing instead of Bonucci? Seriously, Allegri needs to change that before we're two down.
A.D.P = G.O.A.T

Myles
Admin

The was a fuckin great save from Perin, top class.
Signature test

Myles
Admin

Ray wrote:
26-04-23 21:14
Why are Gatti and/or Danilo not playing instead of Bonucci? Seriously, Allegri needs to change that before we're two down.
I love Gatti's no nonsense defending, he's like a clone of Chiellini.
Signature test

Ray
First Team

This is the slowest game of football I've ever seen in my life.
A.D.P = G.O.A.T

Ray
First Team

That was pathetic.
A.D.P = G.O.A.T

Myles
Admin

No words.
Signature test

Liam
Game Admin

That was dismal. I've seen too much of that this season with Allegri relying on a set piece or some individual quality to rescue the game. I do like Allegri, he's won so much for the club, but he's not what the team needs at all right now with cost cutting and a reliance on developing young players being an important focus.

Ray
First Team

Is the spirit of the whole club broken by all the off the field nonsense?
A.D.P = G.O.A.T

Liam
Game Admin

I think the squad has shown a good spirit in the immediate aftermath of the points deduction and in the Europa League performances. But yes it's bound to wear people down eventually especially as the leadership of the club has changed too. As always when things go wrong in a football club there's a few things that are causing it.

Myles
Admin

We've good attacking talent yet can't get more than two shots on target per game. Vlahovic, Milik, Di Maria and Chiesa know how to find the net but look useless under Allegri.
Ya know, i could be totally wrong about Kean, maybe he'll be lethal under another coach.
We've good midfielders, there no reason why we can't create service for the last two season's straight.
I don't see the point in continuing with Allegri regardless of the financial hit on his salary nor where we end up in the table this season or even with potentially more points penalties in next season's table, because if we continue to keep going backwards on the pitch then we'll lose the marquee players and the young lads that have come through the nextgen squad. Better to bite the bullet now and risk a different coach that can hopefully at least keep what we have on thr pitch to some extent until the finances have being righted and the court cases are all done. Taking the no-risk option of continuing with Allegri is a cop-out really.

And while you're at it change the crest back! :wink:
Signature test

Liam
Game Admin

Myles wrote:
27-04-23 00:19
We've good attacking talent yet can't get more than two shots on target per game. Vlahovic, Milik, Di Maria and Chiesa know how to find the net but look useless under Allegri.
Ya know, i could be totally wrong about Kean, maybe he'll be lethal under another coach.
We've good midfielders, there no reason why we can't create service for the last two season's straight.
I don't see the point in continuing with Allegri regardless of the financial hit on his salary nor where we end up in the table this season or even with potentially more points penalties in next season's table, because if we continue to keep going backwards on the pitch then we'll lose the marquee players and the young lads that have come through the nextgen squad. Better to bite the bullet now and risk a different coach that can hopefully at least keep what we have on thr pitch to some extent until the finances have being righted and the court cases are all done. Taking the no-risk option of continuing with Allegri is a cop-out really.

And while you're at it change the crest back! :wink:
I agree with all of that.

And yes do change the badge back, preferably to the one in my avatar!

Ray
First Team

Ah lads! I love the new logo!

I see Pirlo as the perfect coach for Juventus.
A.D.P = G.O.A.T

Duncan!!
First Team

I really thought Pirlo did decent with you guys for what he was thrown into. Deserved a chance to grow with the squad.

Liam
Game Admin

Coaches to an extent are reliant on being a part of a coherent club that matches their vision. Agnelli changed his mind every year on what he wanted after getting rid of Allegri first time around and didn't go all in on any of them. Pirlo was a cheap option to develop young players, but with Ronaldo earning a fortune it was always going to be difficult to fulfil that strategy. Eventually he got fed up with the weaker results and brought back Allegri but things haven't got any better.

The one man the club misses is Marotta. Even in 2010/11 he started building the squad that would win titles even though that season wasn't a good one and he kept up a strong record until he left. He was also against the Ronaldo purchase which in hindsight was a bad idea. Getting in the right sporting director is maybe more important than who is on the bench.

Liam
Game Admin

Milik's penalty was the worst thing I've seen this season and that's saying something. Overall there's been more chances created than usual but the finishing and decision making has been poor. Fagioli really should have scored and Locatelli passed when in a great position.

Myles
Admin

This is so fucking shit, we don't even look like we're chasing the game, you'd swear it was Bologna that needed a goal.
Signature test

Liam
Game Admin

The team isn't right mentally tonight, they look agitated and are making too many mistakes.

Liam
Game Admin

Good finish from Milik which partially makes up for that penalty. It's good to see Iling Junior play a part too.